Terms and Conditions
To our patrons: Please before ordering your tickets, make sure that you have selected the correct date and time for the train, excursion or event before you purchase your tickets. Remember to check your calendar for other conflicts. If you are coming with a group, please make sure that all of your party is available to complete your plans. Following these steps will minimize the need for sections 1 and 2 below.
- It is the policy of Santiam Excursion Trains(SET) not to issue refunds on excursions where the train or event runs or occurs on the date indicated on your ticket or ticket confirmation.
- Refunds may be issued (at the discretion of SET management) in the case where due to circumstances beyond the control of the railroad, a train or event does not proceed on the date indicated on your ticket or ticket confirmation.
- Decisions regarding weather related cancelations are solely made from the standpoint of the safety of the operation of the train or event. The ticket holder assumes the responsibility for determining the safety of their travel. The railroad draws patrons from a large area and will proceed with excursions and events as long as it is safe to do so upon the railroad's property.
- COVID related cancellations will be considered when requested in writing.
- At the discretion of the management of SET, it may be possible to exchange tickets for an excursion or event. The following conditions will apply to the consideration for ticket exchanges.
- Consideration for a ticket exchange will only be made for the same type of excursion or event occurring within 6 months of the original ticket date.
- To initiate an exchange request, the customer must contact the SET office during normal business hours by calling 541-619-0342 or emailing email@example.com. You may not receive a final decision during this first call as the office staff may have to contact the SET management in order to obtain a final decision regarding your request.
- Requests for ticket exchanges must be made at least 48 hours prior to the time of the excursion or event.
- If you are granted a ticket exchange, the following will apply:
- If you are holding printed tickets, you may dispose of those tickets and a new confirmation of purchase will be sent to you.
- In the event of excursions or events where SET only issues a confirmation of purchase, your current confirmation will be invalidated and a new confirmation letter or email will be issued.
- A fee of $2.00 per ticket will be charged to process your request.
- For your safety and comfort
- Smoking,vaping, chewing,illegal drugs/paraphernalia, and weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on SET property.
- Service animals are welcome on the trains/event grounds, however other pets are not allowed. If possible, please notify us via phone or email prior to your excursion.
- There are 3 functioning restrooms on the trains. Restroom facilities are also available at the Depot.
- The coaches and cabooses of the SET are vintage railroad equipment. Please note the following:
- Dress for the weather. Not all cars have air conditioning. Heat is supplied via a variety of means.
- Santiam Excursions makes every effort to operate the various types of heating equipment to its utmost potential during cold weather operations. However, outside temperature and other factors may impact the ability to keep every piece of equipment at "room temperature". Please be prepared by having proper clothing on board with you.
- Handicap Accessibility:
- "The train equipment of the SET has been restored as it was when built, and for the railroad function for which it was designed. This means that the railroad equipment is not deemed handicapped accessible. Please feel free to contact the railroad office during normal business hours if you have questions regarding the accessibility of the equipment. There is a ramp to board the train.
- The Depot located in Lebanon is a modern facility and is handicapped accessible.
- Please note that an adult must accompany and supervise children.
- Other Disclaimers
- Please remember to keep heads, hands and arms inside the train. Use caution when traveling about the train when it is in motion. Do not throw anything from the train.
- Santiam Excursion trains and the Albany and Eastern Railroad are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and dangers incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event. Holder voluntarily agrees that the SET management, employees, volunteers, facility, participants, Dynamic Ticket Solutions and all their respective agents, officers, directors, owners, volunteers and employees are expressly released by holder from any claims arising from such causes.
- Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly or who fails to comply with these or any other management rules. Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. No refunds or exchanges except as provided herein. Event dates and times are subject to change.
- A ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused at any time for any reason, subject to applicable law. Unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Tickets are not valid unless purchased from an authorized ticket seller. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit, and if so are void.
- Do not expose tickets to extreme heat.
- Cancellations and Reschedules: If this ticket is for an event that is cancelled or rescheduled, management shall not be required to issue a refund provided that you are given the opportunity, within 6 months of the date of the original event, to attend a rescheduled performance of the same event, or to exchange this ticket for another ticket, comparable in price and location, to another similar event as designated by management, except as otherwise provided by law. Subject to applicable law, a portion of the SET service fee may be non-refundable. Subject to applicable law, any such refund or exchange for tickets is further conditioned on SET's receipt of electronic notification thereof at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours after the originally scheduled event is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Holder acknowledges that the event may be broadcast or otherwise publicized, and hereby grants permission to utilize holder's image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of such event.
The Albany and Eastern Railroad is headquartered in Lebanon, OR. Contact may be made in writing:
Albany & Eastern Railroad
263 Industrial Way
Lebanon, OR 97355
The telephone number for Santiam Excursions is (541) 619-0342
Information regarding Santiam Excursion Trains is available at www.santiamexcursiontrains.com.